I used to feel uncomfortable and in pain every time I went out in my teens through to early 20’s. Now, I feel confident and bloat free. Here are my top tips!Read More
The weather has suddenly become cold and rainy which makes it the perfect time to start eating soup! There's nothing better than rugging up with a bowl of hot yummy soup in the winter months!
Homemade soup is always the best kind to consume as you know exactly what you are putting in it and you can use the freshest ingredients with no additives or preservatives.
This soup is EXTREMELY SIMPLE to prepare and cook and is packed full of taste; so much so that it actually feels like you are eating something naughty! However this could not be further from the truth, it is INCREDIBLY HEALTHY!
High in dietary fibre
Extremely high in potassium (more than a banana!)
Rich in antioxidants
Rich in vitamin C, B-complex vitamins, folate, B6, B1, B2, B3, and choline, as well as minerals like zinc and magnesium, which are all valuable in ensuring healthy blood sugar regulation
So you can eat this soup knowing that it will DEFINITELY benefit your health and weight loss efforts!
- 1 tbls olive oil or nob of butter
- 2 large zucchinis
- 1 brown onion
- 1 large garlic clove (or 2 small)
- 1 1/2 chicken stock cubes
- Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper to season
1. Dice the onion and chop the zucchinis into rough medium sized chunks (about 2 cm).
2. Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
3. Sautee onions for 2 minutes, then add zucchini and crushed garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes or until lightly browned.
4. Pour boiling water and stock over the zucchini and onions until JUST covered and season with salt and pepper.
5. Turn the heat to low and simmer for approximately 20 minutes.
6. Allow to cool for half an hour and then blend using hand-held blender stick (straight into the saucepan).
7. Serve with generous amounts of parmesan cheese and extra salt and pepper for taste.
* Makes two very large serves or 3 medium serves!
Enjoy! Honestly you will be surprised by how good this soup is!
I’m sure that all of you have heard a lot about added sugars and how detrimental they are to your health. This is true.
But the question is... WHY? I will explain to you as simply as I can a few of the ways that added sugars affects your health and WHY you need to reduce your consumption of this toxic white substance.