There are a few boxes I like to tick on busy week nights when it’s dinner time … I’m usually working and I don’t like to spend hours in the kitchen.
The meal needs to be as quick as possible
The meal needs to be bloat free (ie gluten free and predominantly dairy free)
The meal needs to be tasty and comforting
The meal needs to work with my goals, as I always have to be super conscious of what goes in my body as I have to work very hard to remain weight
The meal needs to be large in volume (I love eating and small meals just don’t cut it).
Do you feel me? I’m sure a lot of you do - as these are also boxes that all of my clients seem to want to tick too!
This is why most of the meals that I share and include in your meal plans (including the 3 Week Body Reset Plan) fit all 5 of these points.
This 15 minute meal last night blew me away, I have to share it with you all!
Give it a go tonight and let me know what you think, you’re going to love it I'm sure!
15 Minute Healthy Fried Rice
Gluten free, low carb, dairy free, high protein.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
100 g chicken breast, diced
1 tsp coconut oil
1 large tbsp Thai red curry paste*
0.5 tsp ground ginger or 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
1 large clove garlic, crushed
1 small carrot, diced
1/2 red capsicum, diced
1 cup broccoli, cut into small pieces
70 g light, organic coconut cream
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
2 tbsp tamari
1 1/2 cups cauliflower rice
2 tbsp chopped spring onions
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1 small handful coriander leaves
Cauliflower rice can be made by using a grater, or simply by cutting it into chunks and placing in a food processor until it resembles rice.
Here, I used cauliflower rice already made - from Woolworths.
* When choosing a red curry paste - look at the nutrition panel and choose one that has under 5g carbs and sugar per 100 g. Click here to see my choices!
1. Heat a pan over medium and add coconut oil.
2. Make sure chicken and all veggies are cut into small pieces.
3. Place chicken in pan and cook for a few minutes, stirring so that it cooks evenly on all sides.
4. Add in the curry paste, garlic, ginger and carrot. Cook, stirring for a minute.
5. Throw in the capsicum and broccoli and let everything cook (while constantly stirring), until the veggies soften, then add in the coconut cream, tamari, vinegar, and cauliflower rice. Stir until all heated through.
6. Taste and add extra chili, salt, pepper, tamari or vinegar if needed.
7. Serve topped with spring onions, sesame seeds and coriander.
Please send me photos when you make it or share it on your social media. I love seeing them and I want as many of you as possible to experience the goodness of this meal! It will definitely be a staple of mine from now on.
Want more meals like this with the nutrition information attached? Why not try the 3 Week Body Reset Plan ? Or, check out my personalised meal plan services. If you’re unsure of which service suits you best, please send me an email and I can help you.