If I told you that you could eat this for breakfast or lunch every day and lose weight would you be happy? Well, you can.
This super indulgent, yet totally guilt free recipe is as simple as it gets, super low in sugar and carbs and high in protein. It will definitley hit the spot whilst keeping you full for hours.
Defintiely one of my better "have your cake and eat it too" meals...
Total cooking time: 3 minutes
Calories/Energy: 345 kcal
Protein: 28.2 g
Fat: 8.2 g
Net carbs: 11 g
Sugar: 2.8 g (from berries)
- 1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder (I used WellCo Nourishing Protein)
- 2 heaped tablespoons almond flour
- 2 tablespoons almond or coconut milk
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 tsp gluten free baking soda
- 1 tsp stevia (optional) - the Wellco protein powder is already quite sweet
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup mixed berries (frozen)
- 2 big tablespoons plain coconut or greek yogurt
- Extra stevia, cinnamon, chia seeds, almonds, coconut flakes to top (optional)
- Place protein powder, egg white, almond flour, stevia, cinnamon, baking soda and a pinch of salt in a small bowl. Whisk together, gradually adding milk until a pancake- like batter is formed (not too thin and not too thick).
- Place in microwave for 1 minute
- Meanwhile, place 1/4 cup berries in a small bowl. Then, when pudding is ready, place the berries in there for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Transfer the pudding onto a plate (or simply leave it in the bowl, pour over the heated berries, and top with 2 heaped tablespoons of coconut yogurt plus any of the optional toppings!
I use frozen berries, but fresh is fine. You can use raspberries, strawberries, blueberries or a mix of all three!
If you have another protein powder, that is ok! If it is unflavoured, add 1 tsp of vanilla extract (sugar free) to the recipe. You can also use chocolate flavoured protein powder to change the flavour.
Let me know if you make it.